3D images of the surface of Mars are being sent to earth as a result of NASA’s recent unmanned mission to the red planet. These images have contributed to a recent fad…3D glasses. An article in Thursday’s issue of USA Today, “Geeky 3-D glasses are looking good” , describes this recent obsession.
- You can find information about 3D vision from the Optometrists’s Network at vision3d.com.
- At the U.S. Geological Survey’s TerraWeb for Kids you will find:
- instructions for making your own 3D glasses
- 3D satellite images of Earth taken from outer space
- create your own 3D landscape
- Many sites on the web will send you a free pair of 3D glasses (the cardboard variety). You can find the necessary information in the USA Today article, at either of the Web sites listed above, or try a search on Google for “3-D glasses.”